Give to support the Partnership
We encourage members of our UBA churches to give through their church toward our Vermont Partnership. You can give directly to UBA to help the churches in Vermont by clicking on the DONATE button below.
Pastor’s Family Vacation Info
Most of the guys serving in New England, and other pioneer areas, are bivocational in small churches with no other mature believers. Many of these pastors cannot afford to take a real vacation where they can relax with their wife and kids. We hosted 2 pastors with their families in 2023 for all inclusive vacations on the lake.
We hope to do this again in 2024. If you or your church would like to contribute funds to help with the vacation expenses, please send a check payable to Unity Baptist Association and designate in the memo: Vermont Partnership. Our Church Engagement Team will ensure all funds are used properly.
ABOUT OUR PARTNERSHIP
In 2021 Unity Baptist Association entered in to a 5 year partnership with the Baptist Convention of New England – Vermont from 2022-2026. We encourage the churches and members of UBA to pray for the work of God taking place across New England and especially within Vermont.
In the summer of 2022 we took 8 people on a mission trip to work at Northeastern Baptist College (NEBC). In the summer of 2023 we took 33 people on a mission trip to Vermont, some doing construction work at NEBC and others leading a retreat for pastors and their families. We are returning to Vermont in 2024. For information about going with us to Vermont click HERE.
Quick Stats on Vermont:
- Vermont is no longer the least churched state in America. As of 2020 the number of evangelicals has increased from less than 2% in 1980 to over 7% in 2020 – LINK
- Vermont has the lowest church attendance in America – LINK
- There are 823,000 people in Vermont – only about 7.2% are evangelical
- There are 51 Southern Baptist Churches in Vermont
- Only 7 of those churches have over 100 in attendance on Sundays
- 35 of those churches have less than 50 in attendance
- Vermont was the first state in the USA for the legislature to approve gay marriage
- Vermont is a rural state that resembles East Texas in many ways. The largest city is Burlington with a population of just over 42,000. Most people live in small towns and villages. Hunting, fishing, and being outdoors are very popular in Vermont.
Info about Northeastern Baptist College (NEBC):
- NEBC is the only conservative Christian college in all of New England
- NEBC began in 2013 and currently has over 30 full time students
- 20% of the US population lives within 200 miles of NEBC
- Visit their WEBSITE
How you and your church can impact Vermont for the Gospel:
- Participate in one of our mission trips to Vermont. UBA will lead 3 mission trips to Vermont over the next 5 years. The next one of these will be in July 2024. Get more info on trips HERE
- Lead your church to take a mission trip to Vermont. Contact Steve for info and contacts in Vermont. Check out opportunities for mission trips HERE.
- Give your Vacation Bible School offering to our Vermont Designated Fund or directly to Northeastern Baptist College.
- Put the Vermont Designated Fund into your budget or give a special offering to the fund.
Our Commitment to the Work of God in Vermont:
- We will pray for the work in Vermont on a regular basis.
- We will lead 3 mission trips to Vermont over the next 2021-2025.
- We have established a designated fund for churches and individuals to give through. This fund has 2 main purposes:
Give $100/month to NEBC
At least once per year we will provide a Vermont pastor and his family with a vacation, needed time away, rest, and reinvigoration. This may include a full family vacation or just a weekend away at a conference.