Welcome to the Unity Baptist Association website!
Our fifty churches in East Texas are an active fellowship of churches serving one another and cooperating together to help fulfill the Great Commission through four major priorities. First, we strengthen churches through training, senior adult ministry, consulting, assisting with church ministries and administration, leader development and the use of our evangelism block party trailer.
We also have a ministry on the Angelina College campus through our Bible classes and Baptist Student Ministry. Our building on the campus enables us to impact the lives of hundreds of students every week.
Missions are a very important priority. Currently we have five mission churches in our area.
Finally, we have a disaster relief ministry. Our feeding unit has the capacity to prepare 20,000 meals per day. In the past four years our unit has prepared over one million meals for victims of hurricanes, tornadoes and fires in Alabama, Louisiana and Texas. See the ministries and resources page for details of all our ministries.
PASTORLESS CHURCHES: T o see what churches are pastorless click on the Churches tab in the menu at the top of this page. "Pastorless" will be typed beside the church name.
CHURCH STAFF POSITIONS OPEN: To see what church staff positions are open click on the Churches tab in the menu at the top of this page.The position will be listed beside church name.
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR UBA NEWS: If you would like to receive our weekly UBA News Emails, please send your email address to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disaster Relief Hurricane Harvey Updates
Most major roads are now open except 69 in the Kountze area so we will see how the evacuee flow goes. Gas shortages everywhere will slow all transportation. The best place to send evacuees is Pineywoods Camp near Corrigan. Call them at 936.642.1723 or 936.676.3155. Lufkin will open shelters tomorrow.
Our Unity Baptist Association feeding unit is deploying to Beaumont in the morning. We have had to purchase some new tires for our unit at a cost of $2,000 dollars. If you would like to help with that cost, please send a check to 3507 Daniel McCall, Lufkin TX 75904 put disaster relief in the memo line.
There is already a demand for cleaning supplies, especially mold remediation products and bleach. Please begin collecting these items.
Please pray for me and the rest of the volunteers headed to Beaumont. We have two trailers of supplies going also. I will do my best to make updates from Beaumont. Please pray for all!
Updates will be made on the Unity Baptist Association Facebook Page. Click here to like the page.
Please pass this on to everyone dealing with a flooded house:
1) as soon as the water recedes, immediately cut out all of your sheet rock and insulation 4 inches above the highest watermark all around your home.
2) save everything that you cut out and keep it in plastic bags filled up for the insurance adjuster to see when they come over
3) rip out any affected carpeting and padding and again keep it in a garage patio, wherever for the insurance adjuster to see, the more bagged up you can keep it, the better
4) within 24 hours of the water receding and all of the sheet rock being cut out, take a mixture of one part pure Clorox and one part water and mix it into a sprayer
5) spray all of your walls and affected areas inside and out with this mixture. Once the first coat dries, sprayed again and again. the Clorox will kill the mold and mildew which is especially important hot and humid Houston and prevent it from growing up your wall and causing further damage
6) take tons of pictures before you do all this and tons of pictures afterwords to show all the work you've done
7) as soon as you have power get a wet dry vac and sop up as much water as you can from all areas and then keep fans blowing on the affected areas as much as possible. If you can get your hands on a dehumidifier, use it!
😎 if you have lost power for any substantial amount of time, toss all food in your fridge and freezer as soon as possible, The sooner the better because the smell gets horrible
These are the tools you will need:
Brooms of any kind
Utility knives (knives to cut sheet rock)
Big plastic tubs
Sprayers (to spray diluted bleach on walls)
Masks (respirator 3M N95)
Clean old towels
This is just a start, but every home owner will need these. If you are going to help a friend or family member, be sure to take these items with you.
There are many people praying and working to help you, but the needs are great. Southern Baptists have "mud out units" to do this work with no charge, but it will not be able to get around to everyone. Please join with family, neighbors, and local churches to do what you can in your neighborhood!
The Annual Meeting Celebration will be at Calvary Baptist Church on Monday, October 30, 2017. Dinner will be served from 5:00 p.m. until 6:15 p.m. During this time you may also visit ministry booths.
See the Events and Calendar page for a complete list of events
Disaster Relief Training
September 16 at FBC Corrigan. Basic (Yellow Hat) training will be from 8:30 a.m. -10:30 a.m. Feeding Unit Training will be from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. There is no charge for the training. Plan to stay for the Senior Adult Banquet afterwards.
Executive Board Meeting
Executive Board Meeting, Monday, September 25 at noon...